Choose this option if you would like to remove the ballast. (Disconnect th
Plug N Play
Choose this option if you would like to simply take out the compact fluoresc
LED Replacements lights for Compact Fluorescent
Experience the many advantages of LED lighting with a simple switch. New LED Plug-In replacement lamps enable you to replace inefficient CFL lighting without the need for tools or a costly upgrade. LED Plug-Ins provide 2.5x the life of an average CFL and use only half the energy, delivering a more targeted light that requires fewer lumens and reduces waste. Combined with the simplicity of Plug and Play installation for both vertical and horizontal configurations, LED Plug-In replacement lamps are a truly attractive solution.
- Longevity—With a lifespan of approximately 25,000–35,000 hours, an LED bulb lasts 2 to 4 times longer than a CFL, and 25 to 35 times longer than a standard incandescent bulb.
- Efficiency—While incandescent bulbs and CFLs generate most of their energy in heat, LEDs are cool to the touch—which translates into less wasted energy. It also means your air conditioner won’t have to run as high in hot weather. LEDs are more efficient than even CFLs: A 16.5-watt LED bulb is equivalent to a 20-watt CFL and a 75-watt incandescent. According to the US Department of Energy, adoption of LED lighting over standard incandescents over the next 20 years will prevent 40 new power plants from being constructed, generate more than $265 billion in energy savings, and reduce lighting electricity demand by 33 percent in 2027.
- Other benefits—LEDs have other advantages over incandescent lights, including a smaller size and greater durability and reliability. Unlike CFLs, LEDs can also withstand extreme temperatures, and they do not contain toxic mercury.
Many different models and styles of LED CFL bulbs are emerging in today's marketplace. When choosing a bulb, keep in mind the following:
- Direction of light, many of these lights are directional and will not work for applications that require 360 degrees of light.
- Where will you use the light, bathroom, kitchen, living room or outside? Depending on the location should determine the light color which is referred to as Kelvin Temperature.
- Would you like to just take out your CFL bulb and plug in the LED CFL and continue using the fluorescent ballast? Not all LED CFL lights are ballast compatible so its important to choose the correct type, plugging a LED CFL lighting that is rated for direct wire applications only will damage the lamp.