LED Corn Bulbs
LED Corn Lights. Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium Replace
T8 LED Tube
LED lights to replace Fluroescent tubes. The ABCs of LED Tubes • Di
LED MR16 Replacement Lights for Halogen MR16's MR16 LEDs are high performance L
LED PAR20 Halogen Replacement Lights These household lights range from 50
LED PAR30 Halogen Replacement Lights These household lights range from 50 watt
LED PAR30 Long Neck Halogen Replacement Lights These household lights range fro
LED PAR38 Halogen Replacement Lights These household lights range from 50 watt
High CRI LED Par Lamps
CRI is significant because it has been the most difficult metric for incandescen
277 Volt LED Par Lamps
PAR38 277 Volt LED Replacement Light Bulb
Household Shape A-Type
LED Household Shape A-Type Replacement Light Bulbs A-Line LED bulbs are availa
LED Snap & Go Modules & Driver
LED SNAP & GO -MODULES & DRIVERS The Superior Life® LED Snap &
Title 20 LED Lights
As of January 2018, California home and business inspections will not pass unles
T5 LED Tube
LED T5 Replacement Tubes Designed to fit in fixtures intended for linear fluore
G4 & GY6.35 LED Halogen Replacement Lights LED 12/24V bi-pin G4 & GY6.3
LED Under cabinet Lighting
Very low profile, easy to install, cool to the touch High brightness with exce
Color LED Light Bulbs
Colored LED Light Bulbs Energy Efficient Colored LED Light Bulbs offer great so
LED Decorative Light Bulbs These Decorative LEDs are high performance LED light
LED R20 Replacement Lights R and BR 10 Year LED bulbs range from 45 watt to 65
LED BR30 Light Bulbs We offer dimmable 10 and 13-watt LED reflector BR30 lamps
BR40 & R40 LED Flood Light Bulbs We offer a variety of dimmable BR40
Lighting professionals worldwide have been waiting for a viable LED replacement
Energy Efficient LED MR11 Light Bulbs These MR11 LEDs are high performance LED
LED PAR16 Halogen Replacement Lights. LED PAR16 light bulbs available in medium
LED Filament Bulbs
LED vintage-style lamps allow you to maintain a warm, classic light effect while
Low Pressure Sodium LED Version
LED Version of Low Pressure Sodium Lighting. With the announcement from Ph
Adding string lights to any outside area of a home gives it an instant decorativ
LED Strip Lighting
LED tape lights are a versatile solution for under stair lighting, railing light
Sign Lighting Tubes
Sign lighting that's built to impress. Replace outdated fluorescents with LED.
The light-emitting diode (LED) is one of today's most energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technologies. Quality LED light bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting. LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States. Residential LEDs -- especially ENERGY STAR rated products -- use at least 75% less energy, and last 25 times longer, than incandescent lighting.But not all LED lights are created equal, here are a few things to consider when purchasing LED light bulbs or fixtures. Try our energy savings calculator to find out excatly just how much your can save by making the switch to LED.
What you should consider when buying LED
LED Life - Good-quality LED bulbs can have a useful life of 25,000 hours or more -- meaning they can last more than 25 times longer than traditional light bulbs. That is a life of more than three years if run 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
LED Color - Energy-efficient bulbs now come in a range of colors. The light appearance (color) is displayed on the lighting facts label as a number on the Kelvin (K) scale. Warm or lower K means the light will have more yellow/orange hue. A warm white, about 2,700 K, is roughly the standard color of an incandescent light bulb. A cooler white light, around 7,000 K, will look more like natural daylight. Please reference our color information page for more information.
Lumens Not Watts - Next, look for lumens on the Lighting Facts Label. Since you are buying an energy-efficient bulb, you have to look for lumens rather than watts to discover how bright your bulb will be. Watts indicate energy consumed and lumens indicate light output.
LED Lighting - Excellent Choice for All Applications
Most bulbs will advertise color temperature on the package. This will tell you how warm or cool the color of the light is.
- 2700K – 3000K – This is the warm or soft white range, best suited for areas in the home where you want to relax or entertain.
- 3500K – 4500K – This is more a neutral white light range, giving a balance between warm and soft color light.
- Over 5000K – Generally referred to as daylight and best suited for use in offices, workshops, bathrooms or other areas where high detail visibility is important. It can also help energize you in the morning.
Some people will also just have a preference for a certain color temperature or mood. You may even notice a color temperature will look better on your particular skin tone. The good news is there are options for everyone.
There are also bulbs and light fixtures that adjust color temperature so you can adjust the light to fit your mood or tasks through out the day for even more variety.
What is color temperature?
- Color temperature is a way to describe the light appearance provided by a light bulb (lamp). It is measured in degrees of Kelvin (K) on a scale from 1,000 to 10,000.
- Typically, commercial and residential lighting application Kelvin temperatures fall somewhere on a scale from 2000K to 6500K.
- A light bulb’s (lamp’s) color temperature lets us know what the look and feel of the light produced will be.
- The color temperature of a light bulb (lamp) is assigned using the basis of correlated color temperature (CCT).
- For example, if you heat up a metal object, the object appears to glow. Depending on the Kelvin temperature that the metal object is being heated at, the glow will be various colors, such as orange, yellow or blue. The color temperature of light bulbs (lamps) is meant to replicate the Kelvin temperature of the metal object.
Color Temperatures of Light Bulbs
Selecting the right light bulb and fixture for your application requires careful consideration of its Kelvin temperature. The color temperature can also help guide you in determining which fixture is right for each room. Whether you need an ambient source of light or one for highly-focused task lighting, keep in mind the following Kelvin ranges:
- Less than 2000K: gives off a dim glow of light, similar to what you might find from candlelight; best for low light areas where ambient illumination is welcomed
- 2000K-3000K: gives off a soft white glow, often yellow in appearance; best for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms and outdoor spaces
- 3100K-4500K: gives off a bright amount of white light; best for kitchens, offices, work spaces and vanities where task lighting is needed
- 4600K-6500K: gives off a bright amount of blue-white light, similar to that of daylight; best for display areas and work environments where very bright illumination is needed
- 6500K and up: gives off a bright bluish hue of light, often found in commercial locations; best for bright task lighting
LED is one of today's most energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technologies. Quality LED light bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting. LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States. Residential LEDs -- especially ENERGY STAR rated products -- use at least 75% less energy, and last 25 times longer, than incandescent lighting.But not all LED lights are created equal, here are a few things to consider when purchasing LED light bulbs or fixtures. Try our energy savings calculator to find out excatly just how much your can save by making the switch to LED. Shop LED lighting.