B90 Bodine Emergency Ballast
Philips Bodine B90 emergency ballast works in conjunction with an AC ballast to convert new or existing fluorescent fixtures into emergency lighting. The emergency ballast consists of a high-temperature nickel-cadmium battery, charger and electronic circuitry in one compact galvanized case. When AC power fails, the B90 immediately switches to the emergency mode, operating one lamp at a reduced lumen output for a minimum of 90 minutes. When AC power is restored, the emergency ballast automatically returns to the charging mode and delays AC ballast operation for approximately three seconds to prevent false tripping of the AC ballast end-of-lamp life shutdown circuits.
- Can be used with most 32-40 watt 4' T8, T12 or 4-pin long compact fluorescent lamps without an integral starter, Ubend, HO, VHO, circline and energy saving. Also compatible with most one, two, three or four lamp electronic, standard, energy saving and dimming AC ballasts.
- Optimized for one-lamp operation
- Produces 500-600 lumens of initial emergency light output, depending on the type of lamps
- Suitable for indoor and damp locations and for sealed and gasketed fixtures, including fixtures rated for wet locations
- High temperature maintenance free
- 7-10 year life expectancy
- Battery charging current - 280 mA
- Recharge time - 24 hours
- Ambient temperature - 32ºF - 122ºF
- Test switch - Single pole
- AC input current - 280mA
- Illumination time - 90 minutes
- Single pole test switch